DC271 – Operations Controller [Flight Operations]
Location – Farnborough
Salary – £Competitive + Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our global client to recruit an Operations Controller to join their Flight Operations team in Farnborough.
Working at the very core or their business in the 24/7 Operations Control Centre in Farnborough you will be responsible for the safe and efficient dispatch, flight monitoring and proactive management of our daily flight schedules across the globe. You will play a critical role in the efficient processing and planning of company aircraft operations in accordance with statutory requirements and company policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Senior Operations Supervisor and Duty Operations Manager with the day to day running of the Ground Operations Department.
- Assisting the Operations managerial team with activating Operational Procedures including Emergency Response Plans, Flight Watch, and Overdue Aircraft programmes where applicable.
- Close liaison as required with the Engineering department and maintenance organisations regarding aircraft serviceability.
- Processing pilot duty and rest records in accordance with instructions as defined in the Operations Manual and Operations Procedure Manual.
- Actioning Flight Time Limitations (FTL) compliance by implementation of daily crew duty checks and entry of planned pilot movements onto the ‘myairops’ flight aviation software system.
- Preparation and monitoring the validity of operations with regards to the following: Crew flight briefs; operational Flight Plans, including airfield performance and airfield categorisation; Ground Handling services and arrangements; Overflight and Landing Permits; and Flight Watch of active company flights.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven flight planning and operational experience, ideally gained within a Business Aviation environment.
- Sound knowledge and understanding on national and international aviation regulations and the effect on day-to-day operational requirements, including NOTAMS, Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC), Air Navigation Orders (ANO) and Regulations, and Aeronautical Charts.
- Recent experience in a similar role within a similar organisation, together with the ability to deal with complex operational issues inherent to a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, including senior management, board members and VVIP clients.
- Experience of Microsoft Office Suite and Jeppesen / PPS flight planning products.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary.
- 23 Days hols plus stats (after 2 years 24 plus stats, and after 5 years 25 plus stats).
- Pension with up to 5% contributions matched.
- Life Insurance *
- Income Protection *
- Travel Insurance *
- Private Medical (after successful passing of probation) *
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
*(subject to insurance underwriting)