National SHEQ Manager
AR268 – National SHEQ Manager
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a National SHEQ Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the company’s operations concerning Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental responsibilities, ensuring the company is fully compliant and up to date in real time with any changes/updates in legislation. Manage and audit the Quality Management system, provide internal Health & Safety training whilst adhering to the company’s process and procedures.
Our client strongly encourages applications from ex-military personnel however, all candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The management of the company ISO Quality and Environmental System, ensuring updates are distributed and evidence of this being implemented into hard copy manuals is recorded.
- Responsible for overseeing Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Carry out Annual Health & Safety/Environmental audits at each depot. NB: accompany Alcumus (or alternative external H&S Advisors) when they undertake their annual inspections/audit. These audits to be carried out independently i.e. at 6 monthly intervals.
- Carry out annual reviews of all risk assessments and method statements, ensuring amendments/updates are communicated and evidence of implementation is recorded.
- Responsibility for the monitoring of all environmental management.
- Generate Quarterly reports and information to be presented to The Board on Health & Safety and Environmental issues, along with supporting evidence.
- Ensure the Monthly Depot audits carried out by Depot Managers are submitted, monitored and recorded.
- Represent the company in matters relating to Health, Safety and Environmental compliance
- Support all areas of the business in matters relating to Health & Safety & Environment.
- Make the senior management aware of any potential threat to the company due to changes in law and legislation, or incidents that have come to our attention.
- Investigate and report upon accidents and incidents, and liaise with HSE, Local Authority, Insurers and Police if called upon to do so.
- Consolidate monthly building inspections ensuring corrective actions are carried out
- Attend quarterly group Health and Safety meetings.
- Perform any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time within the scope of your knowledge, skills and ability.
Skills and Qualification:
- Health & Safety qualified (NEBOSH)
- Trained in Q.A. system management and auditing (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001)
- Understanding of Environmental systems with a recognised qualification (IEMA)
- Industry / Product knowledge with a sound engineering background
- Excellent Communication and cross company liaison skills.
- Strong customer facing skills with commercial understanding
- Planning / Analysis / Reporting Capability
- Good organisational skills
- Accurate and methodical in administration with attention to detail
- Ability to cope with pressure and pace to work to deadlines
- Proactive approach and self-motivated
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000