Multi-skilled Data and Clearance Administrator
JM73: Multi-skilled Data and Clearance Administrator
Must have own transport as site is remote.
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (Basic 37.5hr week)
- The Multi Skilled Data and Clearance Administrator role will be primarily working with documentation and parcel data to prepare and customs clear imports and exports. This role will require flexibility and adaptability to deal with a range of duties from processing customs documentation, dealing with clients and ensuring we maintain our high standards of customer care and client communication to assisting in warehouse tasks if required.
- You will be dealing with many internal departments which requires excellent communication skills.
- This role requires a highly motivated and technically competent individual with a flexible approach that can grow and develop with the business as opportunities present themselves.
- Training and support will be provided where required.
- Tasks & Responsibilities
General Overview of Tasks:
- Monitor the primary workflow mailbox
- Direct and Process emails into the appropriate internal departments
- Communication with clients by phone or email (to confirm when jobs are scheduled or complete)
- Processing Data Jobs –
- Receiving data files via emails, SFTPs
- Receiving job instructions from clients
- Provide efficient delivery logistics through following strict protocols and procedures.
- Fill out import-export documentation, compile carrier and route assignments, compute/check international fees and charges for each shipment, ensure correct taxes and duties are applied and keep track of shipment payments.
- Ensure full compliance with all HMRC / Border Force rules and regulations and provide an outstanding level of service to all stakeholders.
- Use Sequoia Customs clearance software along with other customs entry systems and the bespoke UKP Savvy system.
- Checking, cleaning, de-duplicating, merging, sorting and preparing data address lists and manifests
- Converting various data formats
- Designing and printing a high volume of address sheets or letters
- Processing jobs and Creating Workflows and possibly coding using Cygnus and Excel
- Understanding and following set procedures
- Continuous Process improvement
- Manually handling (lifting and/or stacking) bags and boxes and machine loading.
- Operating various pieces of warehouse material handling equipment.
- Completing all paperwork neatly and correctly.
- Maintain a positive work attitude by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes co-operation
- with your colleagues.
- Maintaining clean work areas.
Planning, Scheduling & Workflow
- Understand & Maintain Department Planning & Control processes
- Monitor the UKP ETSF and Data Bureau Mailboxes
- ETSF, Data Bureau and other business area Control Sheets
- Savvy (In-house job management software)
- Process Jobs through Cygnus software
Understand the use and operation of printers to print clearance documents, carrier sheets, labels, letters and any other fulfilment documents
Training will be provided with expectation to become more proficient in the use of the following software:
Savvy (Bespoke in-house software)
Cygnus (Being trained in Cygnus would be a distinct advantage)
Any additional software that is required as part of Clearance or Data Bureau processes
Learn and develop client communication skills
Represent the business in a professional manner at all times
Understand how the Customs Clearance and Data Bureau interacts with other departments and develop and maintain efficient and effective working relationships
Understand, learn and follow all Known Consignor/SPX processes
Successful completion of training and passing DFT level A-D training
Person Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Follow procedures & processes – process driven
- Flexibility and Adaptability in an ever-chang