Multi Drop Class 2 Driver
FC41 – Multi Drop Class 2 Driver
Location – Wakefield
Salary – £12.55 per Hour
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – a well-established trade wholesaler of wines, spirits, beers, ales and soft drinks – to recruit a Class 2 Driver to join their team, working out of their Wakefield depot.
The Multi Drop Class 2 Driver will be responsible for carrying out deliveries to the company’s customers in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving to various locations carrying out deliveries of beers, wines, spirits, soft drinks and confectionary goods.
- Able to interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Complete daily vehicle checks, notifying management of any defects.
- Ensure that all deliveries are made to the correct location, in a safe and timely manner.
- Responsible for reporting any vehicle or personal injuries in a timely manner.
- Moving and handling loads e.g. crates, packs and boxes of drinks and kegs of beer, and other confectionary goods.
- Ensuring that deliveries are taken to the customers room of choice.
- Ensuring that deliveries are taken to the correct customers and checked off against the delivery notes.
- Collecting cash payments on delivery, ensuring that this is stored in the vehicle safe in accordance with the cash handling procedure.
- Maintain the safety and security of the vehicle and stock at all times.
- Ensure that the appropriate (PPE) personal protective equipment is worn at all times.
- Ensuring the vehicle is fuelled, oil levels maintained and is kept in a clean and presentable condition.
- Report any out of date or damages stock.
- Undertake any additional training appropriate and relevant to the performance of the role.
- To comply with all H&S policies and procedures.
- To undertake any additional duties in line with capabilities required.
- Use E. Pod.
- Complete weekly working time books daily.
- Loading of vehicles is management to company policy and safe loading equipment on vehicles is used at all times.
- Picking of orders and any warehouse duties.
Skills and Experience:
- Right to work in the UK.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Valid 7.5 T Licence.
- Valid Class 2 licence.
- Ability to manage time and work to deadlines.
- Minimum driving experience of 2 years.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Must have a certificate of professional development (Driver CPC).
- Able to lift and carry loads.
- Good communications skills.
In Return Our Client Offers:
- 28 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Life insurance.
- Electronic payslips.
- Free parking.
- Free uniform.
- Access to promotional discounts.
- OT payment.