Motor Vehicle Tutor
FC15 – Motor Vehicle Tutor
Location – Featherstone
Salary – £25,092 – £29,254 DOE + Benefits
Hours – 35 hours per week (+ 5 hour paid lunch)
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – the largest not-for-profit, independent training provider in the country- to recruit a Motor Vehicle Tutor to train adult offenders.
Our client is working to deliver an innovative education service across the West Midlands with the aim of empowering those in custody to take the opportunity to begin a career path and develop the relevant skills and technical experience to progress towards an Apprenticeship and/or employment upon their release from prison.
The Tutor will be passionate about learning and will have the ability to work in a challenging but highly rewarding environment. They will also be adept at defusing conflict and working strictly to protocol and procedure. To be successful in the role, the candidate will need to be inspirational and value-led individuals, and have a keen interest in achieving success with adult offenders.
As part of the pre-employment (post offer) screening procedures, a DBS and Secure Training Centre Vetting will be required, alongside 5 years reference history.
Our client encourages applications from former service personnel, however all qualified candidates will be given due consideration
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinating and delivering a vocational competency-based curriculum in Motor Vehicle, up to Level 3 using awarding body standards; assessing learners work and raising their aspirations through constructive feedback and appropriate support.
- Assessing and verifying learners’ work. Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with awarding bodies and ensuring that regular quality improvement meetings are held.
- Pro-actively developing links with external agencies and organisations that can contribute to the delivery of the planned scaffolding programme
Skills and Experience:
- A background/experience within the Motor Vehicle industry, looking to broaden their experience in working with a rewarding group within a unique environment.
- Proven experience of supporting others in developing technical /vocational skills.