Medical Refrigeration Engineer
JA853 – Medical Refrigeration Engineer
Location – Leeds
Salary – DOE
Hours: Monday to Friday 08.00am-17.00pm but a flexible approach essential.
We are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to join our client’s expanding technical support department. They are the UK’s largest manufacturer of medical and scientific refrigeration.
All candidates must have F Gas certification and applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Our client is an ISO registered Company complying with both ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485 (Medical Devices) and an accredited ISO 17025 calibration Laboratory.
In line with the procedures and field processes set out in the above standards you will be required after training:
- To carry out efficiently and without supervision, maintenance, calibration, and repair of laboratory equipment. This is to be done in a manner that projects the correct company image and with the minimum of inconvenience to the customer.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and the upkeep of the Company provided van as per Company Policy.
- To ensure stock levels are maintained to correct levels.
- Accurately record details of work performed, labour and travel times and all expenses incurred, and submit paperwork weekly to the office.
- Plan work in line with known priorities and time available as advised by the office. To communicate any perceived difficulties in meeting required time scales well in advance of any deadlines.
- To ensure confidentiality on site in line with GDPR principles.
- Routine Maintenance, Calibration and Repair of Blood Fridges, Plasma Freezers, Pharmacy fridges and Freezers within Hospitals, Doctors Surgery’s, Chemists and other customer’s sites.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working on Medical Devices not essential, as full training will be given, F Gas qualification required.
- Basic maths and clear handwriting important as well as the ability to communicate confidentiality with customers.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Company van, mobile phone, all required tools, and uniform provided.
- Initial training on company products and procedures will be given at our client’s Basingstoke office followed by 1:1 on site support as required.
- References, and Advanced DBS check will be required
- Salary £25 to £29k depending on experience, during a six-month probationary period with a pay review if this is completed successfully.
- Company bonus scheme after 3 months service between £100 – £250 per month payable on a scale of the company meeting or exceeding monthly targets.
- Private Health is available after twelve months service.
- Auto Enrolment pension.