FC59 – Maths Teacher
Location – Sandwell, Birmingham
Salary – £23,552 per annum DOE + Benefits
Hours – 35 hours per week (+5 hours paid lunch) (Mon to Fri: 9:00am – 4:30pm)
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – the largest not-for-profit, independent training provider in the country- to recruit a Maths Teacher to deliver Maths to learners aged 16-19 years, at their education centre in Sandwell.
We are in search of an inspirational and highly passionate Tutor who works with great enthusiasm to lead, support, and ensure learners achieve the appropriate Maths qualifications, alongside developing their employability, personal and social skills.
As part of the pre-employment (post offer) screening procedures, a DBS check will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and delivery of lessons to learners from Entry Level up to GCSE, ensuring they gain qualification success.
- Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities and learning styles
- Complete initial assessments of the learners’ skills within the subject
- Mark work, giving appropriate feedback and maintain records of learners’ progress and development
- Identify and plan additional support for learners as necessary
- Act as Nacro representatives at parents’ evenings, taster days and open days
- Manage learner behaviour and apply appropriate and effective measures in line with Nacro policies
- Ensure that safeguarding, prevent and equality and diversity policies are always followed, and concerns are reported accordingly.
- Experience in guiding a diverse group of learners through the requirements of an awarding body such as City & Guilds and AQA.
Skills and Experience:
- Level 4 teaching qualification (CET), or Level 5 teaching qualification (DET), or Cert Ed, or an equivalent qualification.
- Level 4 (or above) Maths specialism is essential.
- Previous experience in the delivery of Maths is essential.