Marine Electronics Engineer
JA922 -Marine Electronics Engineer
Location – Aberdeen
Salary – £Competitive
Hours 40/week with additional payments for overtime, weekends and offshore work
We are currently recruiting for a Marine Electronics Engineer to join our client in Aberdeen. The successful candidate will be capable of carrying out all Marine Electrical and Electronic installation and maintenance effectively on a wide range of equipment including radio and satellite communications, VHF, radar, and navigational aids in accordance with accepted trade practice.
- Carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment on customer’s vessels and premises and on company premises.
- Providing technical support to customers.
- Work on your own initiative.
Skills and Experience
- HND/HNC technical qualification or similar training in an electronics discipline is essential.
- Maintenance and Service background in an Electrical and Electronic environment.
- Experience of digital and analogue electronics.
- Experience of programming embedded processors and/or data loggers.
- Ability to interpret 2D and 3D CAD drawings.
- Technical background which would allow an understanding of concepts of all areas of Marine electronics.
- Good communication skills.
- A full driver’s licence.
- GOC and Offshore certification.
- Experience working for a marine electronics service company.
- Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses.
- Experience in a service industry as well as an in-depth knowledge of the wider maritime community.
- Technical competency, able to show an in depth understanding of the rules and regulations surrounding the marine industry.
This is a permanent, full-time role based in Aberdeen with frequent travelling in and around the local area as necessary. A company vehicle will be provided to the successful applicant.