Manufacturing Supervisor [Nights]
MM615 – Night shift supervisor
Salary – Starts at £10 + £1 night shift allowance + overtime
Location – Nottingham
Shift – Nights 9 pm to 7 am 4 nights Mon to Thur
First Military recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a night shift Supervisor to join their growing manufacturing team in Nottingham. Our client is one of the UK’s leading work surface manufacturers. They are a busy, vibrant company who have worked throughout the pandemic with no redundancies and are continually expanding.
- Ensure production is running at full potential and is free flowing, dealing appropriately with interruptions in work tasks.
- Make effective decisions regarding material and machinery issues.
- Set priorities, plan, co-ordinate and motivate team to achieve targets set out in the production management review document.
- Ensure accurate completion of production sheets and timely submission for production review.
- Follow quality standards set and monitor rejects as required.
- Provide day to day supervision of staff. Observe and evaluate staff performance daily. As required, arrange meetings with individuals or team to discuss any general production or individual grievances. Carry out disciplinary action, in line with company policy and procedure.
- Communicate with shop floor workers, management team and board of directors to ensure problems are resolved.
- Ensure training needs of new and existing staff are identified and adequately met.
- Provide on the job training to ensure there are no skills shortages, safe working conditions, flexibility of staff and to enable sufficient cover on the shop floor.
- Personally provide cover on the shop floor where necessary.
- Monitor staffing levels to ensure the company are employing the correct number of staff, making recommendations as necessary.
- Drive the forklift truck in a safe and efficient manner, setting a good example to others.
- Follow quality standards and procedures when loading and unloading, including instructing drivers in the safe key policy.
- Use appropriate paperwork to check the load is correct.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken when damages/rejects/shortages are identified.
- Identify recruitment needs and follow approved procedure to bring in new staff.
- Attend meetings and complete documentation as required.
- Ensure self and staff comply with company procedures and policies at all times.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Man Management
- Forklift experience
- Flexibility to work regular overtime
In return our client offers
- Salary of £10/hr basic, £1 per hour night shift allowance and overtime
- Regular reviews
- 28 days holidays
- Christmas Shutdown
- Stability and security in an established business
- A company who will invest in training and development