Maintenance Engineer – [Mobile]
JA810 – Technical Support Engineer – Floorcare Machines
Location – M27 Corridor/ South Coast
Salary: £27K – OTE £32-£36K
Hours – 40-hour week overtime after that paid from door to door
We are recruiting currently for a Technical Support Engineer for our clients Industrial Floorcare Business. The successful Technical Support Engineer be field based covering a designated area with the ability to travel as required and report to the Engineering Manager. The Technical Support Engineer would be responsible for planned, preventative maintenance and breakdown repair of floorcare machines. Experience in the industry would be an advantage but good mechanical and technical engineering skills on equipment such as forklifts would also be advantageous.
- Deliver total high-quality support to all customers.
- Service and repair floorcare machines and associated floorcare equipment within defined OTIF and First Time Fix targets and to Customer’s satisfaction.
- Maximise productivity by accurate and effective planning of workload (reactive and planned maintenance).
- Increase business in area of responsibility by provision of high quality Technical and Service support.
- Ensure that vehicles, tool kits and spares stock are maintained in good working order and all electrical equipment is calibrated and certified to ensure safety and suitability.
- Provide weekend cover on a rota basis for external customers.
- Provide telephone technical helpdesk support where required to internal/external customers.
- Attend training courses as required maintaining relevant qualifications necessary for carrying out the job.
- Attend engineering and sales meetings as required.
- Carryout training on floorcare machines to company staff, Customers and contractors as required.
- Promote and sell maintenance contracts within company guidelines.
- Actively pursue sales leads, forwarding to company BDM where necessary to complete sale.
- Ensure accurate completion of worksheets and/or company documentation to comply with company requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Technical/engineering experience
- IT literate – Technical Programmes
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience of working on the Floorcare machines would be beneficial.