MS172 – Machine Minder
Salary: £11.09 per Hour DOE
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting one of our established and expanding businesses in the search for a Machine Minder.
Supporting the Line Leader in ensuring efficient running of production lines, achieving targets and monitoring of line machinery.
Shift patterns would be either 05:00-14:00 or 06:00-15:00 on morning shift, depending on whether you would be placed in process or packing, and similar for the backshift, 14:00-23:00 or 15:00-00:00.
All shifts are Monday to Friday with no bank holiday or Christmas working. Total weekly paid hours would be 43.35.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for completion of tasks.
- Maximise line outputs by ensuring line speeds are maintained at the correct standards.
- Report non-conformances to the Line Leader immediately.
- Know what is expected versus actual hourly line output rates and identify reasons for shortfalls.
- Takes part in Continuous Improvement activities and contribute suggestions to improve line performance.
- Accountable for changeovers on the line, learning new skills as required.
- Ability to work across various lines, supporting the factory with flexibility in your approach.
- Comply with all company procedures and codes of practice to ensure a safe and hygienic workplace.
- Clearly communicate any machine faults and ensure correction.
- Complete machinery checks and paperwork to support this prior to running.
- Audit tooling to be used on-line and following up any issues via the appropriate channels.
- Train covering Technicians with support from Training dept.
- Monitor line for adherence to all site practices including Health and Safety, Quality and Hygiene.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are adhered to and any issues or near misses are reported accordingly.
- Maintain a clean as you go area and demonstrate good manufacturing practices.
- Ensure that product is of the correct specification to maintain and exceed customer expectations.
- Constructively contribute to team meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of site KPI’s and how your role contributes to achievement of these.
- Knowledge of customer requirements and specific retailer codes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take direction.
- Ability to challenge others in a professional and constructive manner.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook.
- Focus on attention to detail and maintaining high standards.
- Ability to communicate clearly with others in English including ability to write in English.
- Ability to use a PC including word, email and in house computer systems.