Lecturer in Applied and Forensic Science (Chemistry)
DC429 – Lecturer in Applied and Forensic Science (Chemistry)
Location – Newcastle-under-Lyme / Stafford
Salary – £24,621 to £34,942
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Lecturer in Applied and Forensic Science (Chemistry) to join their teaching team in Newcastle-under-Lyme / Stafford.
They are looking for individuals with the ability to deliver Applied Science units across the full range of the department’s provision. You will be an inspiring lecturer who is gifted in delivering varied and imaginative sessions and will have a record of good retention and success rates.
The successful candidate will have experience of teaching on Applied Sciences and/or Forensic Science courses with a focus on the Chemistry related aspects of these programmes. Ideally, the successful candidate will also have experience on A Level programmes. Relevant industry experience would also be advantageous in this role.
As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge, you will have an appropriate subject qualification to degree or equivalent. You will also hold or be studying for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach on Level 2 and 3 in Applied Science and Level 3 Forensic Science. Where required, this may also involve teaching on other Level 3 science based programmes.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
Skills and Experience:
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (PGCE (PCET), DTLLS, or equivalent) or willingness to train for one.
- Has experience of teaching on Applied Sciences and/or Forensic Science courses.
- Ideally has experience of teaching an A Level Science subject.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector/post 16 sector.
In return our client offers:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities.
- 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period).