Lead Cable Percussion Driller
DC335 – Lead Cable Percussion Driller
Location – Newbury
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – leaders in the field of ground/site investigations and drilling services – to recruit a Lead Cable Percussion Driller to join their team based in Newbury.
The role includes drilling using cable percussive or mini rig with associated hand excavation, sampling and in situ testing
The Lead Cable Percussion Driller will undertake work throughout the region for which the Engineer’s ‘parent’ office is responsible, and nationwide. There could also be a requirement to work overseas work as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drilling using cable percussive rig or mini rig.
- Hand dig trial pits.
- Sampling and labelling of samples of soil, rock and groundwater.
- Driving 4×4 vehicle and towing rig/trailer.
- Record keeping.
- Working outdoors in all weathers.
- Following specifications for site work.
- Maintain an effective line of communication between drilling crews and Site Engineers/Project Managers.
- Contribute to and support maintenance systems for the drilling equipment and vehicles.
- Support the maintenance of the quality, environmental and health and safety accreditations.
- Act in a professional and safe manner supporting the safeguarding of others in the workplace.
- Maintain courteous and professional relations with clients and suppliers and build upon the reputation of the company within the industry.
- Build effective working relationships with others within the company
- Manage own time to ensure effective use of hours.
- Work with manager to develop personal objectives.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar ground/site investigation and drilling services environment.
- Driving License [essential] including a licence to tow.
- Level 2 NVQ Land Drilling.
- BDA Accreditation.
- CSCS [PTS preferred].
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary.
- Weekly bonus scheme.
- Overnight allowance, accommodation paid, and food & drink allowance (when working away).
- Bespoke allowances and payments for any overseas travel.
- Other benefits.