Landscaping Supervisor (Maintenance)
Landscaping Supervisor (Maintenance)
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Supervisor on behalf of one of our clients.
You will be responsible for the daily running of maintenance contracts and building the schedule to deliver these works. Maintenance will have to deliver safe and compliant services, to meet contractual specifications on time and with consideration to the budget. This role involves scheduling work, managing Maintenance Operatives and Team Leaders, co-ordinating the supply of equipment and materials and managing client relationships on site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in building the weekly schedule of works with a focus on meeting daily production targets.
- Produce and distribute daily worksheets and brief the Team Leaders and Landscape Operatives on the tasks to be completed during the working day.
- Work to maintain a motivated and disciplined team of Operatives by communicating and managing the as individuals.
- Ensure resources are used efficiently and works are delivered within the agreed timeframes.
- Work with the Team Leaders and Yard Operative to ensure that all Landscape Operatives are fully equipped each day with the necessary tools, equipment and materials.
- Undertake regular site visits to ensure that operations are carried out to the expected quality and timescales, and that site plans and instructions are followed. Identify any substandard work to be rectified and organise staff training to prevent reoccurrence.
- Participate in the interviewing, recruiting and inducting of new starters.
- Manage staff attendance and plan for seasonal demand variations, annual leave, sickness and training to ensure that all contractual obligations are met.
- Ensure operatives’ time is managed effectively.
- Conduct site audits, inspections and operational reviews with site managers/clients to ensure contract compliance and arrange for quotes to be made for any variation work discussed.
- Promptly respond to phone calls and emails and deal with any client/customer complaints.
- Ensure all systems and procedures are in place for effective operations in a compliant manner, implementing company policy as appropriate.
- Proactively take responsibility for Health and Safety matters relating to staff, sites, contracts and vehicles, equipment and machinery under the Supervisors.
- Create a positive safety culture where everyone works efficiently and safely, risks are mitigated and injuries to do not occur or are a rare occurrence.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the correct policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the post holder responsible for ensuring that all vehicles, equipment and machinery used to deliver the contracts are properly maintained. Make sure that general maintenance is carried out by the operatives in accordance with their weekly vehicle and machinery inspection sheets. Ensure that any damage/faults are effectively reported and any required actions arising from this are dealt with promptly.
- Maintain good working relationships and communication with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of goods, materials and equipment. Check the quality of stock delivered during site visits and report any issues with supply and/or quality to the post holder responsible for placing orders/purchasing.
- Liaise with the post holder responsible for providing quotes and estimates for work as appropriate, and provide information relating to new sites or phases for which the company may wish to submit a bid for new works.
- Give due consideration to the budget when managing contracts to ensure profitability.
- Participate in scheduled or ad-hoc meetings with management.
- Ensure each Landscape Operative is trained and competent for the operations they will be undertaking and that they understand their responsibilities in relation to their role.
- Conduct regular Toolbox Talks with operatives to provide training and refresher sessions on operational best practice and the use of equipment, Health and Safety, environmental and quality priorities and updates on company news or any other developments.
- Review staff performance and follow disciplinary procedures (verbal and written) when required. Conduct disciplinary meetings, making sure that each stage is appropriately documented. Proceed to dismissal of operatives, if appropriate.
- Praise excellent work and promote continu