Landscape Maintenance Teacher
FC63 – Landscape Maintenance Teacher
Location – Middlesbrough
Salary – £24,376 to £26,560 per annum DOE + Benefits
Hours – 35 hours per week (+5 hours paid lunch)
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – the largest not-for-profit, independent training provider in the country- to recruit a Landscape Maintenance Teacher to deliver Landscape Maintenance programmes to learners aged 16-19 years, at their education centre in Middlesbrough.
We are in search of an inspirational and highly passionate Tutor who works with great enthusiasm to lead, support, and ensure learners achieve the appropriate Landscape and Maintenance qualifications, alongside developing their employability, personal and social skills.
As part of the pre-employment (post offer) screening procedures, a DBS check will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the outdoor landscape maintenance programme, with partners, ensuring the service level agreement, is completed weekly for the LA works programme.
- Design, plan and deliver the curriculum in the technical area of expertise in line with the education Inspection framework (EIF), awarding body standards and curriculum guidance and quality standards.
- Utilise Initial and diagnostic assessments to set programmes and regularly assess and measure progress from starting points and attainment of skills and qualifications through ILPs.
- Evaluate and assess (formative and summative) the work of learners in relation to the curriculum criteria and provide timely constructive and helpful learner feedback so that learners develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours to progress to their next steps.
- Develop appropriate learning resources, facilities and environment to support high quality teaching and learning, prepare learners for the world of work/further study, and contribute to wider good practice in team/directorate.
Skills and Experience:
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Teaching qualification CET/DET equivalent or working towards or above
- Industry experience/exposure – gardening/basic horticulture desirable
- IQA/Assessor qualification Desirable
- Drivers license essential