Junior Design and Estimating Engineer
LB50 – Junior Design and Estimating Engineer
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Junior Design and Estimating Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing client/tender specification documents and drawings, liaising with suppliers, using CAD software for detailed design, costing the projects and drafting proposal documents.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all applications will be considered.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Progressing sales enquiries
- Design any number of life safety and security systems plus any other integrated building system as specified within the company’s scope of work based upon customer requirements, specifications, drawings and current standards
- Prepare proposals, quotations and tender documents for designed systems and ensure these are in line with company standards
- Ensure adherence to all company policies – including those for quality, health and safety and the management of false alarms
- Travelling to client or supplier sites within the UK and possibly overseas
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good working knowledge of fire and security products/systems, in addition to design experience.
- Good Verbal and written communication
- The ability to design relevant systems and prepare cost sheets and proposal documents
- The ability to understand and publish specifications and technical drawings
- Have good organisation and time management skills and good attention to detail
- Computer literate and efficient in all Microsoft packages