IT Risk & Compliance Manager
MS232 – IT Risk & Compliance Manager
Salary: £50,000 – £70,000 per annum DOE
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for an IT Risk & Compliance Manager.
Working as an IT Risk and Compliance Manager you will be responsible for IT Operational Risk Management developing and improving processes following Management of Risk (MoR) methodology and ensuring quality and accuracy of IT Risk Register is maintained.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of an IT Risk & Compliance Manager:
- Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies keeping up to date with changes in legislation, understanding how they apply to the company and raising awareness with IT Leadership Team & Senior Management.
- Communicate regulations and best practice with staff, assuring policies and processes are documented and regularly reviewed, emphasising how non-compliance will impact the IT organisation and wider business.
- Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls, investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues reporting back to ITLT and senior business stakeholders.
- Lead IT’s annual programme of internal compliance assessments and external standard audits ensuring that the IT organisation maintains compliance and undertakes corrective action promptly when necessary.
- Maintain the IT Organisation’s Risk Register, ensuring all information on operational risks are captured and escalated in accordance.
- Document and maintain risk management processes raising staff awareness and ownership.
- Provide assurance of risk management process.
- Support the wider business with ensuring effective IT governance and risk, information governance and management are provided as part of business improvement initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience working in IT Risk & Compliance roles.
- Proven track record and experience in implementing and maintaining best practice Risk Management processes.
- Professional Risk management or related certification or other similar credentials.
- Professional Compliance management or related certification or other similar credentials.
- ITIL foundation or higher qualification, or similar best practice methodology experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant UK legal and regulatory requirements for information management.
- Demonstrable experience with contract reviews and assessments.