Installation Technician [Fire & Security Systems]
JA886 – Installation Technican [Fire & Security Systems]
Location – Newcastle
Salary – Competitive
We are currently recruiting for a Fire & Security Installation Technician to join our client’s team in Newcasle to carry out installation and commissioning of Fire and Security Systems.
Aims and Objectives
- To focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping the company to maintain its leading edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety at all times
- To be responsive and cooperative and achieve the required tasks set
- Be part of a cohesive working team which aim to provide a high level of service to the client
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Fire & Security Systems.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub contractors associated with Fire & Security Systems aspects of installations.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately.
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they system upgrades, like for like replacements, project works, etc
- To carry out installations of fire and security systems.
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- Fire & Security Apprenticeship.
- Health and Safety Training.
- PC literate with Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
- Experience in the construction industry.
- Experience in installing fire and security systems.
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent.
- Experience in IT & Networking.
- Supervisory experience for future development.