Installation Engineer [Fire & Security Systems]
JA1091 – Installation Engineer – Fire & Security Systems
Salary – £Competitive
Location – Glasgow – Central Belt
First Military Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Installation Engineer to join our client’s Project Team based in Rutherglen. The successful candidate will carry out installation of Fire and Security Systems and must have previous experience in a similar role. Ensure adherence to Health and Safety at all times and be part of a cohesive working team which aim to provide a high level of service to the client.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Fire & Security Systems.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with Fire & Security Systems aspects of installations.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately.
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they System Upgrades, Like for Like replacements, Project works, etc.
- To carry out installations of fire and security systems.
Skills & Experience:
- Fire & Security Apprenticeship (or recognised equivalent).
- Health and Safety Training.
- PC literate with Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Experience in the construction industry.
- Experience in installing fire and security systems.
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent.
- Experience in IT & Networking.
- Supervisory experience for future development.