EY64 ICT Technician
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 + Benefits
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an ICT Technician on behalf of one of our clients.
You will provide front line ICT support for the hospice and its network of charity shops, including computer and network maintenance, project work and server maintenance to agreed standards.
Monday to Friday 9-5pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support network of shops, ensuring the computers, peripherals, and network equipment is in good working order.
- Provide front line ICT support for staff and guests at the hospice.
- Organise visits to all shops to perform regular maintenance of ICT equipment, resolve any local shop ICT issues and provide any training that may be required.
- Diagnose computer software & hardware problems and redirect/escalate to the Head of ICT where appropriate.
- Log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of common queries.
- Identify problems and repair printers, copiers, telephones, or scanners.
- Track ICT supplies and equipment, i.e., toner and cables and to re-order where necessary.
- Install and configure networking equipment such as switches, routers and patch panels.
- Research/learn about software used by the organisation including Sage, Donorflex and Crosscare.
- Assist in the maintenance of servers including Active directory, SQL and Exchange.
- Pro-actively provide information to users in relation to outstanding ICT issues.
- Install new hardware and associated equipment including new shop installations, office installations, hospice installations and the reinstallation of existing equipment.
- Install/configure operating systems & software to agreed standards by direction of the Head of ICT.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software.
- Liaise with colleagues in all support teams to ensure continuity of service for all users.
- Maintain tills, computers and credit card machines within the shops and to replace/repair/report where necessary.
- Maintain a safety schedule of all electronic equipment within the shops and to PAT test all equipment on a regular basis.
- Assist in the development and delivery of ICT Training to internal users.
- Provide instruction to service users where queries arise over the use of software.
- Provide training to the care team to use equipment, hardware, software applications and games.
- Create ‘how to’ documents for staff to use for common training issues.
- Provide instruction and supervision to volunteers when working together.
- Work within policy guidelines and provide guidance to others on application of ICT related policies.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with external stakeholders, such as ICT suppliers, telephone and Internet suppliers.
- Foster close, supportive relationships across the charity, building trust in ICT department to provide a high level of service to users.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate information contained within the ICT systems, assisting the Head of ICT Manager in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- Assist in ensuring that operating systems and software are kept up to date and fully patched.
- Ensure that files and data are backed up and recoverable.
- Maintain/administer user account information such as e-mail, logon details and computer access.
- Assist in the maintenance of services for home workers and provide e-mail and remote access.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a specific qualification such as Advanced GVNQ or HND, or ICT specific degree level qualification.
- Full and current Driving Licence.
- Experience of providing ICT support in an office environment and supporting teams.
- Experience of configuring and maintaining network equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Effective at prioritising workload and coping well with interruptions, with a flexible approach.
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot complex problems, implement the most effective solution.
- Excellent communication skills with a diverse range of people and able to impart training to others.
- A positive approach to team working, with good attention to detail and a ‘can do’ attitude.