First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an HR Administrator on behalf of one of our clients.
The HR Administrator will support the Human Resources department, acting as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees. The main administrative duties include maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents (e.g. employment records and onboarding guides) and updating internal databases. The ideal candidate has experience with HR procedures and can juggle various administrative tasks in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Internal recruitment for office vacancies.
- Post jobs in job-boards sourcing candidates externally via database mining and CV searching, phone screening, arrange interviews and following recruitment cycle.
- Liaise with external recruitment with agencies to source specialised engineers, support Managers by providing CV and interviewing packs, arranging interviews.
- Conducting company inductions for new starters: company presentations, ensure correct completion of forms, providing assets such as company phone, PPE, ID card, log in credentials, employee handbook and stationary. Provide awareness and support where needed the H&S and Fleet departments for absenteeism.
- Employment Contract & Offer Letters: modify (permanent and fixed terms) under HR Officer supervision.
- Correctly conduct DBS checks, and Right to Work Checks in the UK for applicants.
- CRB/DBS check: working with all employees and subcontractors to collect personal information and submit an application for a CRB check on the company online portal and updating internal spreadsheet with certificate information. Following the GDPR and privacy restrictions at all times.
- Carry out new starter inductions.
- Benefits Responsible to enrol, remove and update benefits platform for staff.
- First point of contact for In-house HR related queries, questions, suggestions and queries.
- Employee of the month: Liaising with managers to receive proposals and communicate winner each month.
- Ensure the manual filling of employees is kept secure and up to date.
- Ensure the electronic filing of employees is kept secure and up to date.
- Ensure the HRIS is always kept up to date.
- Photocopy, scan and digitalise all HR-required documentation related to an employee and ensure it is kept in accordance with GDPR.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to GCSE Level (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- Knowledge of basic employment law (redundancies, TUPE, ACAS’ Disciplinary & Grievance Procedure).
- CIPD Level 3 or above is desirable.
- Knowledge of the building services industry is advantageous.
- To be able to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills required both face-to-face and telephony skills.
- IT skills are required.
- To be able to absorb and retain information. To be able to work quickly and effectively.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Empathy and listening skills.
- Must be able to work as a team.
- Be confident and able to work self-sufficiently at times.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and flexible.
- Strong work ethic.
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
- Speak fluent English.
- Positive ‘Can Do’ Attitude.
- Integrity and respect for confidential and personal information.