Health, Safety, Facilities and Maintenance Manager
MS215 – Health, Safety, Facilities and Maintenance Manager
Salary: £50,000 per annum DOE
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Health, Safety, Facilities and Maintenance Manager.
This is a combined hands-on and management role which would suit someone coming from a maintenance, facilities, or engineering background.
This is an exciting role that the successful candidate will be able to really make it their own and have full responsibility for safe operations on site as well as full redevelopment of the associated management system.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Health, Safety, Facilities and Maintenance Manager:
- Be responsible for all Health, Safety, Facilities and Maintenance across 2 sites which includes 3 buildings.
- Delivering training on site equipment and other training such as manual handling and operational process.
- Develop specification to PPE issue across a range of departments.
- Develop training plans for staff so that they are working safety not only on-site plant and equipment but also to operational process control documents.
- Ensure a documented history of inspection and maintenance is recorded on the software system.
- Establishing connections with external training providers to deliver training such as FLT, Gantry Crane Use, Welding and Acetylene etc.
- Hands on maintenance where necessary.
- HAVS assessment and ongoing monitoring.
- Implement and ensure safe induction for new starters.
- Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure all testing, inspection and calibration is carried out before due dates.
- Manage one on-site maintenance engineer and issue work, follow up and non-conformances are correctly actioned.
- Management of all plant, equipment and machinery within the business including hand and power tools, compressed air, gantry cranes, CNC machines, mixers, furnaces etc to ensure preventative checks and maintenance is completed as well as all statutory inspections.
- Production of maintenance and H+S reports for Directors.
- Project Manage new plant installations including remedial initial works such as gas installation and construction works necessary to install new plant.
- Redevelop and implement Health, Safety and Environmental systems within the business.
- Responsibility for all COSHH on site.
- Responsibility for drug and alcohol testing on site.
- RIDDOR, accident and incident management.
- Risk Assessments and safe systems of work/ method statements within the business, including Fire, COSHH etc.
- Run asset and facilities maintenance software, ensuring all assets, plant and machinery adhere to statutory and non-statutory inspection and maintenance.
- Working with department management to ensure all operational process training is delivered and recorded for staff members and is designed to ensure that safe working practices are included within the training.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety is essential.
- NESBOSH Fire is desirable.
- Excellent technical ability for IT systems such as online software and Microsoft.
- An engineering or maintenance background is preferred due to the scope of plant, equipment and machines on site.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role working across health, safety, facilities, maintenance and training.
- Experience of working in companies that have ISO Health, Safety and Environmental systems – experience of implementing a robust management system is key.
- Experience of working with Gas and Electricity supplies.
- Experience of writing inspection and maintenance plans and recording outcomes.
- Experience of delivering training and implementing training and development plans for staff.
- Train a Trainer certification is desirable.
- HAVS management.
- The successful candidate will be able to hit the ground running from day 1 as they have come from a similar background and have the skills and experience to create change immediately.
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Annual Bonus.
- Company Pension Scheme.