Health, Safety and Compliance Officer
MS198 – Health, Safety and Compliance Officer
Salary: £32,000 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Health, Safety and Compliance Officer.
To be the site Health & Safety Officer responsible for the implementation of a robust health and safety programme.
The programme must outline everyone’s obligation to ensure that the company has a safe working environment and adheres to current legislation and best practice.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be the site Health & Safety Officer and as such ensure compliance with necessary and relevant legislation including RIDDORS.
- To encourage and drive the culture of safety including monthly H&S reports.
- To ensure that there is a H&S management meeting every two months.
- To draw H&S expertise into the business.
- To ensure that the site meets compliance for the required number of first aiders.
- To ensure that all products meet or exceed specification and to communicate effectively when they do not.
- To ensure temperature records are accurate and maintained throughout the plant (product, sterilisers, and process areas).
- To carry out calibration and process checks of monitoring equipment e.g., metal detectors, temperature probes and gas mixers.
- Obtaining product weight data in line with Trading Standards requirements.
- Checking product labels for accuracy and legality.
- Preparing samples for lab testing and retention.
- Assisting in project work within the technical department.
- Collating, filling and archiving of QA documentation.
- To make standards visible across the site.
- To actively communicate and train out standards.
- To elevate and give visibility to non-conformances.
- Any other role or reasonable request conducive with the position of Site Health, Safety and Compliance Officer.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Continuous improvement of performance, both of the individual and the factory through team ability and education.
- Development, implementation of and adherence to standards.
- Ensure Full compliance to internal policies and procedures.
- Escalation of issues preventing performance target achievement.
- Prioritisation of actions to achieve targets.
- Ability, Knowledge and willingness to apply a hands-on approach to solve issues.
- Flexibility in work hours to achieve required goals.