Group Quality Engineering Team Leader
JM44: Group Quality Team Leader
Purpose of role and key accountabilities:
Reporting to the Group Quality Director in Shared Service Quality, the purpose of the role is:
1) To manage the Product Audit initiative and Toolbox Talks initiative across the our clients sites, ensuring that the process is robust and effective and that any concerns/findings identified are properly resolved at an individual site level and also analysed at a Group level to identify trends/clusters for improvement initiatives at a Group level.
2) To manage the shared service FAIR inspection team in support the First Article Inspection Reports overcheck process for a number of key Transfers of Work being undertaken by our client with Derby site as lead site. The role is key to ensuring first time right quality, conformance to quality standards and special process requirements during the transfers of work to support our client in meeting and exceeding its customer requirements on quality, cost and delivery.
The role is primarily based at Derby site to undertake direct inspections of FAIR parts as required, with occasional travel as required to other our client sites primarily in Poland (possibly once every 2 months) and India (possibly once per year).
- Support and promote company policies, procedures and Health, Safety & Environmental standards including IS014001 and 18001, in order to promote a strong HS&E culture and provide a healthy and secure working environment for all
- Support and work in conjunction with the wider site teams as necessary to reduce the number of accidents, near misses and environmental hazards utilising 6S principles managing HS&E proactively and effectively
- Support as necessary legislative site audits and site action plans to drive improved safety standards and continuous improvement performance throughout the business
- Support the processes to ensure that regulatory and customer requirements are satisfied and that all quality approvals to support the transfers of work are gained and are maintained including customer approvals (e.g. Airbus, GKN, etc.)
- Support the achievement of 100% performance of robust Product Audit across the our client sites in line with the plan, ensuring that the process is robust and effective and that any concerns/findings identified are properly resolved at an individual site level and also analysed at a Group level to identify trends/clusters for improvement initiatives at a Group level.
- Support the achievement of 100% right first time FAIR acceptance by customers through a rigorous inspection of supplying site FAIRS Page 2 of 3
- Support the knowledge enhancement of special processes (e.g. NDT, chemical processing, welding, heat treatment, etc.) and customer approvals within the shared service FAIR overcheck team Support the development of a culture of continuous improvement in the workplace, ensuring that quality standards and procedures are observed and maintained at all times
- Support the generation and deployment of visual operational metrics which enable Product Audit performance and FAIR quality and delivery performance during the transfers of work to be effectively communicated and managed on a regular basis
- Support the knowledge enhancement and deployment of quality management tools and methodologies (i.e. APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, 8D, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Control Plans, Capability Studies, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Configuration Management, Risk Management, Total Quality Management (TQM), Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Poke Yoke, etc.)
- Support customer and external body quality audits at sites as required during the transfers of work
- To work in conjunction with site management teams to identify opportunities to implement best practice across sites to improve FAIR quality right first time and delivery performance
- Support the agreed quality, financial, operational and commercial objectives via the implementation of continuous improvements during the FAIR overcheck activities
- To work within cross-functional teams to support the delivery of robust and effective Product Audits on quality and on time
- To work with sites to ensure the performance and reporting of the Toolbox Talks across the our client sites.
- To work within cross-functional teams to support the delivery of the Transfers of Work FAIR overcheck activities