Group Head of Engineering (Motorsport)
AR169 – Group Head of Engineering (Motorsport)
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Head of Engineering within the Motorsport industry on behalf of one of our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Overall responsibility of Management, purchase and maintenance of group
engineering function and supply of appropriate and effective kart fleets to group. Manage and monitor group engineering teams
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sourcing and provision of group kart requirement
- Maintenance of group kart fleets
- Liaison with group kart suppliers
- Planning and maintenance of group engineering function
- Management of recruitment of venue engineering teams in liaison with HR
- Determining group engineering budgets
- Management of kart service function in line with budgets
- Management and provision and distribution of group kart spares
- Sourcing and maintaining group kart equipment.
- Review engineering spend for each venue monthly for group
- Responsibility for group engineering Health & Safety function.
- Carry out Risk Assessments regularly for all engineering departments and establish any further requirements/training needs
- Responsible for all maintenance paperwork and records
- Carry out research on system or programs which detects / makes daily checks on karts and keeps accurate records.
- Future (kart) product development.
- Publish weekly rota and ensure GM’s and HoEng /CRG and DSL to be informed of visits to each venue and what work will be undertaken during visits.
- Stock take to be carried out throughout group monthly. Stock In/Out process to be set in place
Skills and Qualifications:
- Mechanical experience along with a thorough understanding of engineering principles.
- Superior knowledge and experience of kart preparation and maintenance.
- Demonstrable prior experience of working with budgets and forecasting
- An understanding of statutory requirements with regards to Health and Safety.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, internet & e-mail.
- Confidence in communicating with suppliers and colleagues across the group
- Previous experience from a Supervisory or Management level in order to manage a team.
- Prior experience/knowledge of Sodikart, Birel, Biz and CRG products an advantage