Grounds Maintenance Contracts Manager
MS201 – Grounds Maintenance Contracts Manager
Salary: £ DOE
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Grounds Maintenance Contracts Manager.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced Grounds Maintenance contracts manager with previous knowledge and experience within this field to support the Head of grounds and landscaping.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Grounds Maintenance Contracts Manager:
- Assist with the delivery of ad-hoc works on a practical level upon the instruction of your line manager.
- Conduct basic practical training and mentoring sessions with new and existing staff members.
- Effectively manage performance and promptly raise shortcomings with the head of grounds and landscaping.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance at all times.
- Ensure work instructions / schedules are issued to staff and to verify completion of works.
- Ensure work schedules are carried out as instructed.
- Operate equipment in accordance with experience and training and showing other team members how to use the tools correctly.
- The Day-to-day man management of the ground’s teams.
- To attend if required meetings with client.
- To carry out joint inspections with client in absence of the head of grounds and landscaping and identify and additional works. Initial measure and quantify additional works.
- To report promptly and accurately on all activities to the head of grounds and landscaping.
- Undertake any training required to carry out duties.
- You will be required to operate machinery, including hedge cutters, mowers and various hand tools as and when needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- PA1 and PA6 qualifications are highly desirable.
- You will have quality and customer satisfaction at the heart of your delivery and always be looking to progress your professional career and personal development.
- You’ll need a breadth of knowledge and experience of working in the Grounds Maintenance industry ideally with a strong focus on housing sector clients and possess the ability to lead and inspire a team of operatives, whilst promoting the company values and standards.
- We would welcome applications from existing Grounds Maintenance Supervisors / Team Leaders with previous knowledge and management experience within this field.
- A full valid UK driving licence is essential for the role as you will be using a company vehicle, as well as a mobile phone.
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays.
- Company vehicle for work use.
- Competitive salary.