JA937 – Ground Worker
Location – Bradford (UK Travel)
Salary – DOE
We are currently recruiting for Ground Workers who have good all-round skills and experience with the ability to drive/operate diggers & dumpers. Our client is based in Bradford but have contracts throughout the UK so the successful candidate will need to be prepared to work away from home.
Due to the nature of some of the contracts the ability to gain security clearance will be required.
APPLICATIONS FROM EX-MILITARY PERSONNEL ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
- Clearing a construction site
- Digging trenches for foundations
- Setting up a site, putting up barriers, safety signs, etc.
- Following all health and safety procedures
- Providing excavation support to other construction professionals
- Interpreting the use of drawings and specifications
- Laying pavements, kerbs and slabs
- Concreting sites
- Removing/laying drainage and pipework systems
- Operating plant machinery, such as excavators and dumper trucks
- Preparing the ground/foundations to allow construction to begin
Skills & Experience
- Ability to operate diggers & dumpers safely
- CSCS card
- Good level of physical fitness
- Enthusiastic with a good work ethic
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Basic numeracy skills
- Full UK driving licence