Ground Support Engineer
AL442: Ground Support Engineer
Salary: £38,000 + Overtime
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Ground Support Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
The role is on a 4 on 4 of roster, comprising of either earlies, lates and nights or a variety of the 3. Shift length is 12hrs.
Reporting into the Duty Manager, you will be accountable for carrying out cost effective repairs and maintenance tasks on a wide range of vehicles and equipment to a high standard and in a timely and efficient manner, whilst complying with company policies and procedures and Health & Safety requirements.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and responsibilities for the Ground Support Engineer:
- To undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on all applicable customer vehicles / Equipment in line with company and legal Health and Safety guidelines.
- Respond to all breakdowns in the designated time when allocated.
- Ensure all relevant service sheets/job cards/paperwork and electronic records are fully completed, legible and accurate including working time and job code details.
- Liaise with the Workshop Office colleagues to provide updates on job status, progress and the processing of paperwork.
- Comply with Health and Safety Legislation and internal H&S procedures including use of company issued loan working alarms and company mobile phones.
- Ensure all Personal Protective Equipment is worn where necessary and is in good working order and condition.
- Ensure that all working areas i.e. Workshop, customer locations are kept clean and free from hazards wherever possible.
- Ensure company vehicles are used in line with company policies / legal requirements and are kept clean and tidy after use.
- Undertake vehicle manoeuvring around the workshop or airport as and when required where trained to do so and in conjunction with appropriate licences held.
- Carry out other reasonable duties as required to support operational requirements.
- To take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions.
- To cooperate with your employer on health and safety.
- Tell someone if you think the work or inadequate precautions are putting anyone’s health and safety at risk.
- Not misuse any equipment that is provided for safety purposes.
- All employees have the responsibility to behave in an environmentally ethical manner and all employees should follow the company’s environmental policies including the correct disposal of hazardous materials.
- Our customers and the communities that we operate in trust us to ensure our activities stay safe.
- Ensure quality standards are met for every task undertaken.
- All employees are responsible for ensuring they have received appropriate Health and Safety Training for the environment they work in.
- All employees have responsibility for ensuring that their equipment conforms to the appropriate regulation.
- All employees have the responsibility to report accidents or potential accidents through the appropriate processes. This can be through accident, near miss or RIDDOR reporting.
- Any reasonable requests from the Management Team.
Skills and Qualifications for the Ground Support Engineer:
- Proven experience in a similar role working with GSE / Plant Vehicles & Equipment.
- Nationally recognised Automotive Apprenticeship in Vehicle Repair or Technology.
- City and Guilds Automotive Vehicle Servicing and Repair or Craft Studies Level or equivalent.
- NVQ or equivalent in Heavy Motor Vehicle or Plant Maintenance and Repair.
- Technical certificates in Heavy Vehicles/Plant machinery / Light Vehicles / GSE Equipment.
- Customer oriented/service delivery focused.
- Good knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Good knowledge of mechanical/engineering is desirable.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence.
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a valid Airside Pass.
Salary: £38,000 + Overtime