Ground Investigation Project Manager
DC330 – Ground Investigation Project Manager
Location – Oldham
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – leaders in the field of ground/site investigations and drilling services – to recruit a Ground Investigation Project Manager to join their team based in Oldham.
The Ground Investigation Project Manager will be accountable for the delivery of ground investigation services. The role includes assisting in the preparation of tenders, technical and financial project management. The key performance indicators will be set in conjunction with the Directors on an annual basis. As a guideline, the Ground Investigation Project Manager is expected to ensure that all technical work is carried out to a high standard, on time and within budget. Key division of time spent on each part of the job will be set on an annual basis and reviewed regularly. This role will be based throughout the region for which the Engineer’s ‘parent’ office is responsible. There could also be a requirement to work UK-wide on certain projects, with a potential for overseas work as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination and execution of ground investigations.
- Contract management including delivery of projects on time and to maximize profits from each contract.
- Contribute expertise and provide input into the planning stage of new projects.
- Ensure follow up on payments for works completed.
- Monitoring of costs in relation to individual contract works.
- Prepare and deliver technical reports.
- Assist the HSEQ Advisor in investigations into accidents and incidents.
- Co-ordinate the allocation of staff to projects ensuring that all personnel are competent, medically fit (as far as reasonably practicable) and have correct certification.
- Maintain an effective line of communication with clients.
- Keep an open line of communication with the Directors, Principal Engineers, and other staff members.
- Build effective working relationships with other technical specialists within the company.
- Manage own time to ensure effective use of both billable and non-billable hours.
- Work with Directors to develop personal objectives.
- Participate in professional growth opportunities, training, and advancement of team members.
- Work to bring clarity and purpose to all staff positively influencing performance at the company.
- Execution of geo-environmental business development, including on-going input into recommendations for growing the contract business within the company
- Leverage personal and professional networks to grow business opportunities.
- Responsible for assisting in the maintenance and improvement of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental accreditations.
- Assist the Directors and HSEQ Advisor in monitoring contractual and assurance performance.
- Ensure Electronic Access to all relevant projects is kept up to date.
- Ensure update of contract delivery key performance indicators.
- Keep abreast of key economic factors, technological advances and political change that may affect the geo-environmental industry.
- Apply rigorous commercial and business thinking to decision making to generate value.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years relevant construction experience [essential].
- Previous experience in a similar ground/site investigation and drilling services environment.
- Educated to BSc degree level [MSc preferred], or equivalent, ideally in Geo-Environmental, Geo-Technical, or Earth Science disciplines.
- Chartered Status [highly desirable].
- SMSTS Qualification [desirable].
- CSCS Management Qualification [desirable].
- Risk Assessment Appreciation Training.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary.
- Company car [DOE].
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Overnight allowance, accommodation paid, and food & drink allowance (when working away).
- Bespoke allowances and payments for any overseas travel.
- Other benefits.