Front Of House Manager
EY74: Front of House Manager
Location: Sandown Park
Salary: £25,000 +commission (dependant on individual sales).
First Military Recruitment is looking for a Front of House Manager based in the Sandown Park area.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Must be able to work flexible hours for a 7-day operational business including weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To train and induct all FOH team members and ensure that all communication/promotion/changes/ proactive selling are relayed to the team in a timely and effective manner including information that is relevant and vital to the FOH team.
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Reception and front of house areas (Main reception area, changing room, briefing room, green area’s/grounds keeping and customer facilities).
- To ensure that the FOH rota is completed by the department manager in a timely manner and complies with both staffing and budgetary requirements.
- To greet all visitors, in a friendly, polite and professional manner, ensuring they comply with the company procedures.
- To implement and maintain strategies for upselling merchandise and events at every opportunity including follow up on call backs and enquiries as per instructions and specifics given by Sandown Park Sales Lead.
- To liaise with all other managers and department heads at the weekly Events Planning Meeting in order to ensure that customer requirements are met as required.
- To provide administrative support to the General Manager and HR department.
- To inform the HR department and General Manager of forthcoming recruitment requirements.
- To ensure that all paperwork relating to new staff members is completed correctly and forwarded to HR within the correct timescales.
- To provide training and induction to all new and existing reception staff whilst developing training to fit the needs of the business in conjunction with the General Manager and HR department.
- To oversee & assist in the smooth running of the reception catering functions including buying, preparation, storage and service.
- To work closely with the GM to code correctly purchase orders to profit centres, and then to invoices raised.
- To be fully conversant with the Accident/incident procedure and to ensure that all accidents are reported to the General Manager and HR Director immediately including accident report/CCTV and witness statements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy – essential.
- Experience within a customer service team environment – essential.
- Experience of outdoor work – preferred.
- Experience of marshalling techniques – preferred.
- An eye for detail – essential.
- Highly confident manner – essential.
- Experience in a team management position – essential.
- First Aid at work certificate – preferred.
- Computer Literate with knowledge of MS Office – essential.
- Common sense – essential.
- Excellent communication skills – essential.
Location: Sandown Park
Salary: £25,000 +commission (dependant on individual s