Fleet & Plant Manager
AL395: Fleet & Plant Manager
Location: Tipton, West Midlands
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Plant Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
Will be responsible for ensuring fleet and plant operations are run in a professional and efficient manner in relation to Health & Safety, profitability, customer care and all operations within the Workshop Department.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however candidates from all backgrounds will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage a plant team to ensure daily operations of Plant departments are providing services to match required customer service standards.
- Manage the O Licence requirements for the Group in accordance with the Highways Commissioner.
- Ensure FORS accreditation is maintained.
- Manage the overall vehicle and plant inspection programme to agreed frequencies, ensuring all required works are carried out and accurate records are maintained.
- Ensure all vehicle and plant servicing, maintenance and calibration is completed on time and in a cost effective manner and that accurate records are maintained.
- Manage unplanned work resulting from breakdowns and emergencies in an efficient manner, prioritising as required to deliver 24 hours call out services.
- Ensure the Group insurance database is up to date and accurately maintained (MID).
- Plan and manage preventative and corrective mechanical maintenance of all items of plant/fleet to maximize lifespan and meet required Health and Safety standards.
- Overall responsibility for multiple depot plant/fleet requirements, including sites in the West Midlands and Cambridge.
- Monitor and approve job sheets and job cards ensuring correct allocation and recording of time and materials and daily production levels are achieved.
- Ensure robust stock control processes are in place for the ordering, storage and issue of garage parts.
- Source new suppliers and drive down external spending.
- Produce management reports for directors and senior managers to agreed frequency and timescales, including internal and external plant hire revenue and vehicle and plant utilisation.
- Develop and maintain the fleet business plan providing data for the senior management team.
- Proactively manage the plant / fleet supply chain ensuring timely supply, replacement, disposal, off contract hire are actioned appropriately.
- Analyse current plant / fleet systems and processes and make recommendations to improve performance and efficiency.
- Manage external supplier works authorisation and approval.
- Manage company presentation and branding of commercial vehicles.
- Manage Fleet / Plant safety and security developing utilisation and monitoring of Vehicle Tracker / Dash Cam information and reporting.
- Identify potential saving and/or money making opportunities within the Group.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 to 4 years relevant experience in fleet and/or plant operations management.
- Civil engineering / utilities sector preferred.
- CPC management qualification desired.
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong numerical and financial management skills.
- Problem solving and innovation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of excel spread sheet systems.
- Articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- UK Driving Licence Holder.
Location: Tipton, West Midlands