Fire & Secuirity Engineer
JA1016 – Field Service Engineer – Fire & Security Systems
Location – Edinburgh
Salary – £Competitive
We are recruiting currently for an experienced Multi Skilled Fire & Security Systems Engineer to join our client’s team. The successful candidate will work as part of a strong team to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive Maintenance accordance with the contract requirements on Fire & Security Systems. Candidates have to be a fully trained fire alarm engineer with all supporting certificates including the apprenticeship gained and any FIA or equivalent training (electrical) , also a requirement will be for the engineer to have extensive knowledge on CCTV Intruder and access again with supporting certificates for these also.
- Carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Fire & Security Systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- Ensure on-site Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Fire & Security Systems.
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all relevant reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- Coordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- Coordinate visiting specialist subcontractors associated with Fire & Security Systems aspects of the PPM schedules.
- Respond to call-outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the contract as required.
- Fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately.
- Provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- Undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- Proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they System Upgrades, Like for Like replacements, Project works, etc.
Skills & Experience:
- Fire & Security Apprenticeship (or recognised equivalent).
- CSCS or ECS card (in date)
- IPAF certification
- Health and Safety Training.
- GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent.
- Industry experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification and preventative tasks.
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent.
- PASMA certification
- Experience in IT & Networking.
- Supervisory experience for future development.