Fire Extinguisher Engineer
JA848 – Fire Extinguisher Engineer
Location – London
Salary – C£34K DOE
We are recruiting currently for a BAFE qualified Fire Extinguisher Engineer for our clients Fire & Security Business. The ideal candidate will be BAFE qualified with sprinkler knowledge and fire alarm and emergency lighting experience. All candidates must have a minimum of 4 years industry experience and a full UK driving licence.
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Fire & Security Systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure on-site Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Fire & Security Systems.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all relevant reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with Fire & Security Systems aspects of the PPM schedules.
- To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the contract as required.
- Fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the management.
Skills and Experience
- BAFE Qualified Fire Extinguisher Engineer
- Sprinkler knowledge & experience
- Health and Safety Training
- Industry experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification, and preventative tasks
- Full UK driving Licence
- Company Pension scheme
- Travel time after 1st hour in each direction.
- Overtime after 40 hours x 1.5
- On call rota 1 in 8
- Paid standby allowance and radial mileage payment between home and site.
- Van and fuel card
- Specialist tools, workwear and PDA issued
- All parking congestion charges reimbursed