DC270 – Finishing Operative
Location – Uxbridge
Salary – £20,000 to £22,000 DOE + Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit Finishing Operatives to join their manufacturing business in Uxbridge. Reading from engineering drawings, the Finishing Operatives will assist the Masking Team in the Finishing Department and will be trained to carry out abrasion cleaning and vibration deburring.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accurately interpret engineering drawings and work instructions/build plans so that Part Numbers, Drawing Issues, relevant ADR’s, process specification and finishes can be accurately identified and applied.
- To be conversant with and employ appropriate techniques as specified on the job cards relevant to specific components so that work is undertaken according to requirements and that processes are carried out in accordance with laid down procedures/SOPs within the department.
- Ensure required quality standards are achieved.
- All relevant Health and Safety regulations are always adhered to including Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, SSOW’s arising from RA/COSHH and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Work is completed in accordance with required work schedules.
- Productivity is maintained so that the effectiveness and efficiency of the department is at the highest level.
- To undertake self-inspection (and where authorised apply an inspector’s stamp) and quality check work undertaken in accordance with laid down quality standards and procedures.
- To assist in the successful implementation of on-going Lean Initiatives including 5S activities and Continuous Improvement programmes.
- To monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration, so that tools and equipment are always in good condition and suitable for purpose, and in order to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
- To handle materials, goods, and components carefully and comply with safety regulations and handling/machining instructions so that components are not damaged through mishandling or faulty machining, or accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling.
- To report any dangerous practices and other dangers such as faulty equipment to local supervision so that all operations are always safe.
- To undertake any formal training in-house or external relevant to the job and adopt modern practices within the Department.
- To undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping cleaning duties, such that the department and associated areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition, thus providing a safe and efficient working environment.
- Other duties will include part marking and packing, masking and unmasking, abrasive cleaning, and vibration deburring.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic manufacturing/engineering background.
- Experience of reading and interpreting engineering drawings and their related ADR’s.
- Background in H&S policies and procedures / QAI’s and COSHH regulations.
- Basic PC Skills (Word, excel, etc).
- Familiar with engineering hand tools.
- Basic understanding of measuring equipment.
- Basic standard of education – GCSE Grades D-G or equivalent.
- Experience working with process Chemicals (desirable).
- SAP experience (desirable).
- Mechanical Apprenticeship (desirable).
In return our client offers:
- 37 hour working week.
- Competitive Salary of £20,000 to £22,000 DOE.
- On-site canteen with subsidised food.
- Non-contributory pension scheme.
- Life assurance.
- The equivalent of 25 days annual leave and 8 statutory holidays.
- Childcare vouchers (via salary sacrifice).
- Our own on-site occupational health team.
- Annual appraisal and development process for all employees.
- Great working environment.