Field Service Engineer (Mechanical / Electrical)
MS238 – Field Service Engineer (Mechanical / Electrical)
Location: Sheffield & surrounding areas
Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an electrical / mechanical field engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for installing & maintaining heavy machinery fire suppression systems.
This role is field based, and is covering between Newcastle to Middlesbrough & in the Sheffield region.
Applications from ex-military personnel are encouraged but all applications will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always follow guidelines.
- Working as efficiently as possible to ensure the work completed within allowed timeframe.
- Servicing, installing & maintaining fire suppression systems for customers from a wide variety of industries including mining, quarrying, metal recycling, waste disposal, forestry & ports.
- You will be trained in the safe use of harnesses as working at height may be required.
- Complete site induction and carry out job risk assessments prior to commencing work.
- Diagnose and report any faults to Operations and carry out any repairs as required.
- Ensuring all relevant photos & details have been added to the engineer report.
- Travelling to customers sites to attend emergency callouts on the fire suppression systems.
- Undertake regular reviews of any health and safety matters and audits as determined by the Health and Safety Manual.
- Monitor and control van stock, liaising with stores to ensure quantities do not drop below minimum levels.
- Ensuring PPE is worn & maintained in accordance with site & company guidelines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to use a phone/tablet to complete jobs, take photos and process parts on.
- Must be happy to work away.
- Conversant with the safe use of various handheld equipment and tools
- Knowledge of auto electrics and electrical wiring, pipe and hose fitting and mechanical fitting.
- Welding skills are desirable.
- Basic IT skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Must be flexible.
- Self-motivated and focused.
- Good communication skills.