Field Service Engineer
JM66: Field Service Engineer.
Location: London NW10.
As a Field Service Engineer (FSE) you are responsible for fault finding, repairing, demonstrating, delivering and collecting equipment to and from the service user’s home, or other institutions, hospitals, care homes or schools. In addition, FSE’s are responsible for ensuring they offer a courteous and empathetic service to all customers and that standards of service, as laid down by the company, are met at all times.
Maintenance, repair, and delivery and collections.
- To efficiently repair both manual and powered wheelchairs at service user’s home and other locations to the highest standard of workmanship.
- To deliver and demonstrate use of chairs to service users according to the handover procedure.
- To collect chairs from service users as and when required.
- To carry out planned preventive maintenance on powered and manual chairs.
- To complete your daily round of jobs as booked by the customer service team.
- To respond to emergency repairs promptly as and when required throughout your daily round.
- If on visiting in response to a repair request the client is unavailable, a card shall be left informing the client that the visit had been made.
- Upon return to the service centre following completion of your daily round to ensure you debrief fully to the responsible person raising any issues
- or concerns.
- To ensure that care, caution and protection from cross-infection is continuously adhered to and health and safety guidelines are followed when
- dealing with used products.
- To ensure that all used products are covered with orange bags during transit and separated from new/issue goods, so as to negate the possibility of
- service user cross infection (on and off site).
- To ensure that all required equipment, parts and wheelchairs are checked for your daily round prior to leaving the service centre.
- To be responsible for the serviceability and security of your vehicle as per company procedures.
- To maintain accountability for any company property put in your charge.
- To comply with all instructions detailed on job sheets and that returned paperwork is accurately updated and completed, ensuring you obtain the
- client or their carer’s signature.
- To ensure your required van stock level is maintained at all times.
- To observe all Health and Safety procedures and company policies at all times.
- To drive your vehicle in a courteous and safe manner (staying in line with speed limits and observing safe driving techniques) and at all times paying
- particular attention to other road users. Ensuring your continuous compliance with the Drivers Handbook.
- In the event of a vehicle accident this must be reported in accordance with the Drivers Handbook and reported immediately to your Line Manager.
- To be responsible for the safe and secure loading/unloading of your vehicle.
- To report any issues with rounds to your Line Manager immediately.
- To ensure that the vehicle is left in a clean condition ready for the next day’s activities cab and storage area.
- To comply with contract and ISO9001:2015 specifications, processes and procedures.
- To produce work of a consistently acceptable standard.
- To share knowledge and expertise with other members of the team.
- To demonstrate respect, compassion, empathy and sensitivity to clients and service users and ensure they receive the highest standard of
- customer service.
- To ensure that you regularly submit completed customer survey cards.
- To refer customer queries from service users to your line manager ensuring the user that their query will be addressed.
- To ensure that emergency call outs are responded to quickly and efficiently and in the agreed timeframes.
- Clean Driving Licence essential valid in the UK.
- Any relevant qualifications in electronics or engineering.
- Good geographical knowledge of the local area.
- Good communications skills.
- Flexibility with regards to working hours in order to support the needs of the service users.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
- A desire to work in a field based role.
- Integrity and ability to show compassion.
- Able to work the out of hours on-call.
- Ability to move and handle equipment safely.
- Collaborative attitude .
- Strong identity with the core values of our company.