MS206 – Factory Operative
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Factory Production Operative.
The position of Factory Production Operative will be required to produce sand moulds and castings processed from liquid metal.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly experienced, award-winning team working at the forefront of technology.
There is also Foundry Apprenticeship / Diploma/ Degree level training available.
This role is based on a 40 hour week, Monday – Friday & roughly 7am – 3:30pm with overtime available paid at 1.5x.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Factory Production Operative:
- Carry out tasks such as removing sand from castings, shovelling sand and heavy lifting sand moulds.
- Perform qualify control procedures to ensure the correct specification.
- Ensure that Health and Safety procedures and legislation is followed within the factory setting.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Someone who is reliable.
- Creative with excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Come from a labour-intensive background.
- Has a keen eye for detail.
- Be technically minded and have an interest in manufacturing processes.
- Be able to use mechanical equipment such as gantry cranes, machines etc.
- Training will however be given however good practical experience within a heavy manufacturing industry is desirable.