Facilities Services Assistant
MS210 – Facilities Services Assistant
Location: Grove, Wantage
Salary: £21,462 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Facilities Services Assistant.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Facilities Services Assistant:
- Administer Asset Folder.
- Administer the Facility Services database, maintaining key information for the database to function which includes the creation and maintenance of database registers (e.g., assets, staff names, contractor’s names, contact details etc), creation and maintenance of new and existing planned maintenance schedules and archiving database records.
- Administering new works process including quotes and purchase orders.
- Answering site emergency phone.
- Assist in shared services functions, including scanning of all invoices.
- Assisting in the telecommunications services to the site.
- Attach and maintain all records associated with the planned and reactive services tasks contained within the Facility Services database.
- Complete administration of TABS system.
- Franking outgoing post and send courier mail to meet daily deadlines.
- Greeting visitors and answering the switchboard as detailed in work instructions.
- Issuing Site passes as per instructions.
- Issuing visitor passes and registering visitors to site.
- Prepare weekly reports for management.
- Produce reactive and planned Helpdesk jobs.
- Sorting and delivering post to the various departments.
- To ensure all relevant Health and Safety issued are complied with.
- Work effectively with other business sectors and support functions to promote and facilitate the achievement of company and corporate objectives.
- Accept and respond to any reasonable request to perform tasks not specifically contained within this document and carry out reasonable requests.
Skills and Qualifications:
- GSCS English and Mathematics.
- Windows Software: Word and Excel.
- Good understanding of general Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills.
- A good level of IT skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with customers, employees and teams at all levels.
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change.
- Commitment to the ongoing success of the business.
- Ability to work to minimum supervision.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually.