Facilities & Estates Coordinator
EJ785- Facilities & Estates Coordinator
Salary: £22,953 to £26,609 per Annum
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Facilities & Estates Coordinator.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Facilities & Estates Coordinator:
- Support the premises team to ensure they provide a proactive and responsive service to the community and that they fully comply with all health and safety requirements.
- To work closely with all team members to coordinate projects on behalf of the Assistant Principal (Facilities).
- To maintain systems within the team to ensure that reports can be produced and projects tracked at all stages.
- To take responsibility for coordination of all projects within the team, supporting relevant team members in the completion of spreadsheets, production of safe working documents and ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and maintain documentation on the testing of equipment and services to ensure they are operational, safe and comply with legal and regulatory standards.
- Deputise for other team members as required for all premises related issues when they are not available and/or attending meetings on behalf of the Assistant Principal (Facilities).
- Liaise with and be responsible for, third party contractors to ensure they operate safely within the company procedures and have access to the areas and services they need.
- Coordinate the maintenance of ‘Upkeep’ to ensure the status of communal furniture, walls, ceilings, fittings to ensure that all breakages are repaired promptly whether they are reported by others or discovered by the premises team.
- Ensure risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place for all activities and reviewed annually.
- Ensure that the asbestos register is updated to ensure it is current, relevant and reflects the location of asbestos across the organisation.
- Work with the Estates Team to ensure that all larger developmental or refurbishment works are coordinated and efficiently facilitated, including ensuring relevant contractor inductions take place.
- Ensure timely removal and relocation of any furniture or equipment to facilitate room use changes as required by the curriculum or business support teams.
- Arrange the timely set up or re-configuration of rooms in accordance with authorised requests, for example to facilitate exams.
- To manage all room bookings, produce booking schedules, negotiate terms and ensure payments.
- To coordinate evacuation, evac and lockdown drills are in place working directly with the teams ensuring a thorough testing regime is in place.
- Work with the Assistant Principal (Facilities) to develop the policies relevant to areas under the remit of the role.
- To manage all administrative functions with the Estates and Facilities Department to ensure that the wider team can provide services to a high standard.
- Ensure a high quality of provision and resources for all staff and learners
- Secure and maintain a safe learning and working environment and ensure full compliance with the company’s Health and Safety policies and approved practices.
- In agreement with the Assistant Principal (Facilities) represent the company externally on matters relating to the area of responsibility and maintaining effective relationships with external agencies.
- Assist with preparing annually, in line with company policies, financial reports and budgetary information.
- To undertake other additional duties, consistent with the role, as may be deemed appropriate by your Line Manager.
- Operate and participate in the company Performance Review system to monitor and review identified individual and Department performance targets and establish staff development planning requirements.
- Participate in the appointment and supervision of staff.
- Work to a range of performance indicators relevant to the service provided, in order to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Adopt flexible working methods to meet the changing needs of the company.
- Participate in the development of a responsive customer centred approach to service delivery.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Hold, or be willing to work towards, a level 3 qualification in Facilitie