Event Sales Executive
EY52 Events Sales Executive
Salary: £22,000 + commission
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an Event Sales Executive on behalf of one of our clients.
To pro-actively sell events products and services, to existing customers, maximising business from existing customers through an innovative approach and always delivering the best experience customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve sales targets and maximise sales through all sales channels.
- To maximise revenue and profit through the implementation of a sales activity plan by account managing and selling and an agreed number of key clients and key accounts (face to face meetings, cold calling and personal contacts) through a sales platform and use of commercial management techniques (Salesforce, Delphi diary management, LinkedIn and other management tools).
- Be fully responsible for the conversion of incoming enquiries to confirmed bookings allocated to you via the Events Sales Manager.
- Ensure all incoming enquires are contacted within 2 hours of receiving them, by phone call and followed by a written proposal within 24hours. Or an agreed time scale with the client/agent with an overall 25% conversion rate.
- To regularly meet with existing accounts/agents and build an account development strategy to ensure retention and growth.
- To research and identify new market and existing account opportunities.
- Assist in preparing sales collateral and presentation materials.
- Ensure the enquiry call process supports delivery standard and KPI’s are achieved.
- To maintain accurate records on prospects through the venue management system.
- To be aware of competitor pricing, understand the dynamics of the local market and the demand generators, and the effect this has on profit.
- Actively participate in local networking groups and relevant trade bodies.
- Build and manage a vibrant, long-term network of relationships with individuals from multiple market segments.
- In conjunction with all relevant partners ensure that the levels of Customer Service are market leading.
- Be actively involved (when required) in the race day hosting and client entertaining activities.
- To undertake special duties or work outside the normal daily / weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position at the request of the Senior Management Team.
- Support Race days as applicable.
- Development of the role to be proactive.
- Supporting the Events team on an ADHOC basis.
- Such other duties as the Company may, at times, reasonably require.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and able to demonstrate success in a sales environment preferably within Events.
- Understanding and experience of cold calling and selling to agents, corporates, and private individuals.
- Competence with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a Customer Relations Management system.
- Be target driven and recognises the need to hit and exceed through effective selling at all levels.
- Identifies what needs to be done to achieve objectives, prioritising key issues, organising short term activity and planning to ensure all tasks will be achieved.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Listens to what others have to say and communicates ones’ own ideas/information in an appropriate manner to ensure all parties maintain a full and up to date understanding.
- Convinces others to a course of action through the application of an understanding of the politics of a situation, building a strong and assertive case and making an impact.
- Ability to combine both communication and influencing skills to aid in the development of others.
- Ability to respond appropriately to changing circumstances, adapting ones’ plans as necessary, to ensure change is implemented effectively.
- A competitive drive to achieve results to the highest standard and the commitment and courage to see things through despite obstacles or setbacks.
- Manage customer relationships (internal/external), developing a professional relationship in order to identify needs and deliver a quality service.
- Applies own understanding of the organisation and the external environment to make sound commercial judgments and identifies ways of improving effectiveness.
Salary: £22,000 + commission