Estimator – Facilities Services
JA777 – Estimator – Facilities Services
Location – Scotland’s Central Belt
Salary – £DOE plus car/allowance
We are currently recruiting for an Estimator with good Facilities Services experience who is from a Building Services or Construction background. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and delivering tender and estimating opportunities within the Facilities department in a consistent manner throughout the business. All pricings to be submitted on time and with due care to ensure commercial certainty of the bid in line with divisional goals and expectations.
Aims and Objectives
- To consistently deliver a pricing structure and contracting standard compliance across all key areas exceeding business performance targets.
- To establish the best available price to affect an order.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepare and assess the requirements for producing tenders and budgets, establishing associated costs, all associated with Lifecycle, Sustainability Projects, Contract Variations and New Tender opportunities within and across all Facilities business units.
- Carry out site surveys as required.
- Ability to handle projects from initial enquiry through to final submission.
- Manage client and key stakeholder in a professional and timely manner.
- Prepare and return accurate and quality tender / estimates within the required deadline.
- Work with existing teams within business unit to Interpret information and price accurate pricing documents.
- Developing tender strategy with commercial, bid, and operational teams.
- Develops rates, prices, and incentive schemes for inclusion in tenders, in accordance with commercial strategy.
- Produce commercial bids and documentation for approval of the Commercial Review Board (CRB)
- Ability to understand different forms of contracts, their interpretation, legal obligations and ultimately be able to identify any risks that may be present.
- Negotiate and establish agreed terms & conditions with the client in collaboration with the commercial team.
- Obtain best pricing from supply chain partners for the appropriate resources, goods and services for the tender/estimate, in line with budgetary provision.
- Compliance with contracting standards, job costs, expected/minimum margin to ensure profitable returns to the business.
- Liaise and collaborate with other departments including Bid, Design, Commercial, Finance, Co-ordination, Purchasing, HR, Estimating, etc
- Create reports for senior management.
- Other duties as required by the senior management team.
Skills & Experience
- Based within the Central Belt of Scotland
- Possess clear and confident written and verbal, IT communication skills.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve.
- High level of self-motivation can do attitude, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate experience and commercial awareness working within the Facility Services and Maintenance industry.
- Facility Services estimating experience.
- Completion and submission of Quotations, Bill of Quantities and tenders’ documents.
- Intermediate computer literacy Microsoft Applications.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction or Building Services or recognised equivalent in a related discipline.
- Experience in pricing sustainability/green project works.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel to expediate tender pricing process.