JA925 – Construction Estimator
Location – Manchester
Salary – £40K – £50K DOE + £350/month car allowance
We are currently recruiting for a Construction Estimator to join our client who specialise in the design and construction of complex environmental facilities providing a complete turnkey package to the high technology industries, particularly Pharmaceuticals, Fine Chemicals, Biotechnology, Food & Beverage, Electronics and Renewables industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a construction estimator to join a highly reputable name in the clean-room facility and food & beverage market.
Responsibilities will include leading the progression of the definition of civil, structural, and architectural work packages from client concepts through to fully detailed cost plans. Close coordination with the mechanical and electrical design teams will be required.
The role will help produce client return briefs, programmes, material selections, cost plans and schedules to support the bid. Compile bid proposals and feasibility studies to secure a design and build project.
In addition, they will estimate labour, material, and time requirements to be able to compute the overall cost of the project.
The role will initially involve working from home during the pandemic then office based in Manchester.
Travel to client sites will be required nationally once a week.
Aims and Objectives
- This role will lead and deliver the estimate production for civil work, superstructure, external / internal architecture, fabric, and fixed furniture & equipment.
- To quantify programme, materials, and labour to estimate then procure the civils / architectural cost plan.
- Knowledge of commercial and contractual terms and mitigate risks from proposed terms.
- To work in the construction phase to support the Company construction teams with the necessary costing and technical information for them to progress procurement and site construction activities on time and to the required quality. Information gaps will be notified to the project manager and senior designer.
- To survey existing structures and facilities to define the work activities required to achieve the proposed accommodation schedule.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Explore documentation to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements
- Select, measure, and track important metrics
- Visit sites, facilities, and other venues necessary to do the estimate
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts
- Conduct complex risk analysis activities
- Create and present reports to upper management
- Analyse and evaluate offers
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key vendors
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Previous working experience as a construction estimator for multiple years
- In-depth knowledge of project management
- Hands-on experience with complex data research activities
- Good understanding of data analysis methods and KPIs
- Familiarity with computer programs such as Trimble Contract Master
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- HND / Degree in engineering, construction science or similar relevant field
- Demonstrate an understanding of MEP fundamental principles and disciplines.