Environmental Operative / Horticultural Fitter
DC399 – Environmental Operative / Horticultural Fitter (Grounds)
Location – Market Harborough
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Environmental Operative / Horticultural Fitter to join their grounds maintenance team in Market Harborough.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair horticultural equipment when required.
- Work as part of a team and use own initiative.
- Deliver a quality service with a high level of customer care.
- Resolve or refer queries from the client or members of the public in a polite and respectful manner.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Understand the importance of Risk Assessments, Manual Handling and COSHH assessments.
- Work outdoors in all weathers.
- General gardening.
- Operation of Plant and Machinery.
- Operation of grass cutting equipment including ride on mowers.
- Herbicide spraying.
- Cemetery work.
- Responsible for own personal safety and that of all personnel under his or her authority, including others who may be affected by the company’s activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in the maintenance of all grounds maintenance equipment.
- Manual handling.
- General Gardening.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Highly Motivated.
- Full Driving Licence.
In return our client:
- A competitive salary.
- Working week of Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.