Engineering Team Leader
LT30: Maintenance Team Leader
Salary: £20.01 per hour
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Maintenance Team Leader on behalf of one of our clients.
To lead a Shift Maintenance Team to ensure that efficiency, quality, cost and safety objectives are achieved at or exceeding the yearly business plan. You will ensure that the facilities, equipment and machinery is efficiently and effectively maintained in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Our client encourages applications form ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing maintenance team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Identification of training shortfalls within the team and scheduling training.
- Identification and addressing of poor performing team members including providing timely and constructive feedback to team members.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective task assignment to team members to effectively utilise resources.
- Responsible for absence management, investigations, disciplinaries and grievances in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Promotes highest levels of quality of products delivered to the customer.
- Carry out quality safety interactions and encourage good safe behaviour from team members.
- Report, investigate incidents/injuries and action root cause fixes.
- Identify, classify, control and eliminate hazards.
- Development of safety improvement plan for the team as part of the yearly planning process.
- Maintain housekeeping standards and cleaning schedule.
- Carry out planned inspections/audits to ensure orderliness standards are understood, achieved and sustained. Act on non-conformances.
- Systematic development of risk assessments to deliver safe systems of work, (SSOW), for team.
- Ensure that equipment pre-start checks are carried out in compliance with set standards.
- Carry out toolbox meetings with teams at the start of each shift.
- Ensures that products meet required technical specification.
- Controlling costs within plan including, labour, consumables, supplies and material usage.
- Control and elimination of sources of waste.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance strategy, systems, processes and procedures to improve equipment reliability.
- Assist in the development of maintenance plans as part of the yearly planning process and management of resources to achieve plan targets.
- Assist in the development of maintenance and operations skill levels to promote cross-skilling and improved equipment utilisation effectiveness.
- Manage engineering projects including all necessary research, design, request for investment, specification, hazard evaluation, procurement, contract management, cost control, installation supervision, commissioning, training and hand-over activities.
- Implementation of effective planning and scheduling systems to improve the efficiency of maintenance operations and hence Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- Prepare detailed work plans for the week ahead as well as having a good understanding of the work that must be achieved in the coming quarter.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the work of contractors as required to ensure that the work is carried out safely, cost effectively and to the correct standard.
- Generate monthly maintenance performance statistics.
- Use of the purchasing and stores system to complete work requirements.
- Use judgement to analyse and resolve machinery and technical problems in a timely manner to maintain the output of the equipment within specification.
- Provide good communications at shift hand-over to ensure continuity of work and the integrity of safe working systems.
- Ensuring team compliance with ISO 9001 procedures to promote process stability and capability.
- Minimisation of unscheduled equipment downtime and time to repair.
- Identification and implementation of recovery plans when behind schedule.
- Personal operation of plant, process or equipment systems as necessary to maintain and optimise work quality, safety and throughput of the team.