Engineering Project Manger
AL471: Project Manager
First Military Recruitment is looking for a Project Manager in the Edinburgh area. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the development schedules and project planning for all products and key technologies of our client.
The role will involve detailed project planning, conducting regular project meetings, tracking project progress, and reporting to executive management on the status of projects.
Our client encourages application from ex-military personnel however, all candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing top level project plans including timelines, resource requirements and budgets
- Coordinating project meetings and tracking project progress
- Working with Design, Test and Operations to create detailed execution plans
- Coordinating major project milestone reviews at each stage gate
- Maintaining and reporting health of projects based on agreed metrics
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified, preferably in Engineering or Sciences
- Experience managing projects designing electronic products
- Experience in leading and engaging a team particularly in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing project plans
- Demonstrated experience using MS Project or equivalent software tools
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative.
- A strategic thinker with broad problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to get involved.
- Strong communication skills, able to engage with stakeholders on all levels.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Prince 2 or Project Management Professional (PMP) qualification
- Experience in project management for late-stage technology companies or in rapidly changing environment