LT27 – Engineering Manager
Salary: Competitive DOE
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an Engineering Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
To guarantee that efficiency, quality and safety objectives connected to productivity and engineering activities are achieved, in compliance with group policies.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities of an Engineering Manager:
- Responsible for reaching pre-defined objectives in compliance with safety and environmental Standards.
- Guarantees that all safety legislation is met, HASAWA 1974, PUWER, LOLER etc.
- Enforces with all personnel the adherence to safety rules and guidelines, leading by example.
- Ensure required beliefs, values, behaviours and attitudes are adopted and maintained and a culture that promotes guiding principles is established.
- Responsible for managing cost control in the following areas: Waste, labour, Engineering and consumables.
- Management and full utilisation of CMMS system.
- Carried out engineering troubleshooting and repairs of machinery and equipment.
- The screening of non-breakdown work requests.
- Ensure the planning, scheduling and executed efficiency of all ordinary and extraordinary maintenance activities.
- Ensures that the spare parts warehouse is controlled and supports maintenance efficiency.
- Constantly researches innovation solutions.
- Introduction of a reliability centred maintenance.
- Manages and advises departmental employees in procedures and processes.
- Manages, verifies and controls new equipment installation.
- Obsolescence surveys and action plans.
- Energy improvements and action plan.
- All building, facilities and maintenance compliance are adhered to.
- To utilise the support, advice and guidance from the HR Manager.
- Drive company Absence Control Procedures to ensure maximum attendance levels.
- All absences are reported to the Site Manager.
- Appropriate conversations are held with employees reporting absence.
- All requests for dependency/emergency leave are considered.
- Pro-active management of all long-term sickness cases.
- Ensure that risk assessments are arranged and conducted for all employees returning from a period of absence.
- Ensure that all return to work interviews are conducted immediately upon an employee returning to work.
- Ensure that all cases of unauthorised absence are investigated promptly in accordance with the Company’s Disciplinary Procedure.
- Ensure that probationary reviews are carried out for all new shift employees.
- Ensure that all employees undergo an effective annual appraisal.
- Ensure that any employee who is under-performing or not meeting expectations is placed on a performance improvement plan, with regular reviews taking place to monitor performance.
- Ensure that all employees are provided with the necessary training.
- Ensure that all Operators are briefed on all new processes, procedures and job requirements.
- Resolution of any employee issues directly with the employee.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware of expectations.
- Ensure that all allegations of misconduct are reported to the Site Manager / HR Manager and are investigated effectively in accordance with the Disciplinary Procedure.
- Effective recruitment of staff.
- Arrange and conduct interviews.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role in a production engineering environment.
- Knowledge of hygiene product production would be an advantage.
- Experience as a time served Production Engineer would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of cost control.
- Familiarity with administering HR related tasks such as recruitment, sickness, disciplinary procedures and all paperwork associated with this.
- This role is primarily Monday to Friday, but you would need to be available to work occasional shifts.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Experience and knowledge of quality and health & safety practices.
Salary: Competitive DOE