Engineering & Facilities Manager
FC60 – Engineering & Facilities Manager
Location – Chatham
Salary – £40,000 to £55,000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client- the UK’s leading book printing service provider- to recruit an Engineering and Facilities Manager to join their team in Chatham.
The Demand Planner will be responsible for the overall Operational performance of the Engineering Department and site services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deployment, control and management of engineers, site service team and sub-
- Assisting where required, maintaining service levels or offering additional support.
- Liaising with site management and ensure issues are communicated, priorities and actions are understood, and updates are provided.
- Ensuring, through the engineering team on site, there is always efficient and effective planned and reactive maintenance, and that downtime is minimised.
- Carrying out root cause analysis and providing preventive measures to stop recurrence.
- Implementing Preventative Maintenance strategies to ensure longevity and reliability of all
- the assets
- Leading projects, coordinating staff and sub-contractor’s activities.
- Managing, monitoring and analysing CMMS (Shire Systems) on a regular basis, looking for trends and identifying areas of improvement.
- Ensuring H&S standards are maintained, and all related documentation is completed.
- The safety and management of associated contractors and visitors.
- Ensuring that we meet all associated legislative requirement such as LEV, PAT, LOLER, Fixed Installation Testing etc. and for ensuring that remedial work is carried out.
- Attend daily, weekly and monthly management meetings, providing reports where applicable.
- Ensuring that we have effective Planned Maintenance in place for all key assets.
- Ensuring that the company have the skills and resource at all times to carry out reactive maintenance with minimal downtime to the equipment.
- Ensure that the site and its facilities are functional and provide a safe environment for all personnel.
- Deliver a year-on-year reduction on machine downtime.
- Ensuring that work is within the restraints of the department’s budgets.
- Maintain staffing levels to meet business requirements.
- Controlling and reporting of holidays & sickness via HR System.
- Report on department KPI’s using CMMS (Shire systems).
- Annual Improvement in downtime across departments.
- Zero Health and Safety incidents attributable to the department.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience as an Engineering & Facilities Manager in a manufacturing environment, previous print industry experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Techniques would be preferred.
- Formal Electrical and Mechanical Qualifications.
- Formal project management qualifications, PRINCE2 qualification (or similar) would be an
- Excellent Management and Leadership Skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental compliance.
- COSSH Health and Safety.
- Contactable out of normal working hours.
- Full UK driving licence.