JA954 – Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer
Location – Ilkeston
Salary – DOE
Hours – 42.5/week with flexibility for remote working split
We are currently recruiting for a Design/Senior Design Engineer with excellent knowledge and experience in Rail LV Electrical Design to join our clients rail business in their Ilkeston Head office. Their focus on customer service, integrity, safety, and quality, along with our dedicated employees, wide ranging supply chain and overriding drive to get all contracts “Right First Time” has enabled them to grow within the market.
About the Role
The successful candidate will undertake production of E&P design deliverables across the Network Rail project lifecycle, from feasibility studies and outline designs, through to detailed designs and project hand back documentation. As part of these designs, the candidate would be expected to successfully plan and undertake site surveys to inform designs.
Multi-disciplinary design coordination and collaboration is an integral part of the successfully delivery of complex and challenging projects and as such, the successful candidate must possess excellent communication, teamwork, and design collaboration skills.
Skills and Experience
- A HNC or Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- A member of the IET with Chartered Engineer status or strongly working towards professional registration.
- Personal Track Safety (PTS) qualification.
- City and Guilds 2382-18 – BS7671:2018 qualification.
- City and Guilds 2391 – Electrical Inspection and Testing qualification.
- Possess a full, clean UK driving license.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in producing E&P / M&E design deliverables including signalling power, points heating, station/junction/level crossing lighting schemes, station M&E, depot and sidings lighting and power, DNO supplies, and lineside building power supplies.
- Planning and leading site surveys.
- Good understanding of CDM and CSM hazard management as part of design process.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Network Rail, British and European electrical and lighting standards.
- E&P design CRE experience.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard calculation and design software packages including Trimble (Amtech), ETAP, Dialux/Relux, Bentley MicroStation and ProjectWise, and Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Excellent level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office tools.
- Checking and Reviewing design deliverables against contractual requirements and relevant Network Rail, British and European standards.
- Effective communication with clients and other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors.
- Good understanding of project and engineering management processes and structures.
- Input into project bids and tendering.
- Planning and managing budget and resource to effectively deliver projects within expected timelines.
- Developing and mentoring junior staff.
- Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of checking and supervising design production.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career development support
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private healthcare cover
- 42.5hr standard work week with flexibility for remote working split.