Design and Build Coordinator
JA847 – Design and Build Coordinator
Location – Woodford Green, Essex
Salary – DOE
We are currently recruiting for a Design and Build Coordinator to join our client’s new build team The successful candidate will be to manage the design processes for design and build contracts or traditional contracts with CDP’s acting as the primary contact with the design teams, the client, and the production teams
- Being fully conversant with Company procedures as the Design and Build Coordinator:
- Assist in appointing TDC’s in line with company procedures
- Provide project status reports to your line manager monthly or at intervals as requested by your line manager
- Advise on the cost effectiveness of alternative methods of construction
- Coordinate the design information supplied to our construction/ operations division(s)
- Manage compliance checks against specification, client requirements and legislation
- Manage the preparation of the design programme and monitor progress throughout the design and construction phases
- Manage document and change control in line with company procedures
- Manage the development of Contractor’s proposals for Design and Build projects ensuring
- compliance is met with the Employers Requirements, legislations, SBD etc
- Manage the development of design, attending or convening design/ management meetings as required
- Manage the resolution of technical design queries
- Principal contact with designers
- Propose and implement Value Management and Engineering initiatives
- Provide advice on Building Regulations, Building Warranty, Planning, and best practice
- Qualify design outputs against proposals
- Resolve potential design problems
- Manage the Consultants and approval of Planning, Building Control and Building Warranty conditions approval
- To act as the principal interface between the design and construction teams
- To ensure that the “Buildability” of a project is maximised
- To perform any reasonable duties as requested by your manager
- Create a positive work environment within the department/team and company as a whole
- Promote department and inter department teamwork
- Comply with all the Company environmental, social, and ethical objectives
- Promote Company goals and demonstrate ways they can be achieved
Knowledge and Skills
- HND, Degree or similar qualification in architectural technology, construction or the built environments.
- Good knowledge of the construction process
- Good knowledge of Planning legislation, Building Regulations, NHBC warranty requirements and construction methods
- Experience of Planning applications and or detailed design of residential and mixed-use scheme
- Ability to work under pressure in a reactive environment and able to problem solve
- Ability to work in a team
- Competency in relevant IT systems and CAD software.
- Liaising with staff and external parties at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Excellent written, drawing, and verbal communication
- Continuous Training and Development
- You will be required to attend an Employee Induction Program on joining the Company.
- The Company will support and encourage continuous professional development, your manager in conjunction with the Training Manager will identify and update your personal development plan on an ongoing basis. You are encouraged to take responsibility for your own development.
- The Training Manager will be notified by your Line Manager of any training needs required for you to perform your job on an ongoing basis.
- Further education may be agreed by the company to enhance your knowledge and qualifications to assist job performance. Your agreement to the company training policy will be obtained prior to commencement.