JA870 – Depot Manager
Location – Frimley
Salary – £30K
Hours – Full-time 40 hours per week| Permanent
Monday to Friday / from 4.00am start time
We are currently recruiting for a Depot Manager to join our client’s Distribution Management team in Frimley. The successful candidate will have managerial experience in distribution and logistics industry preferably of controlling a fleet of vans.
- Lead a team of designated delivery drivers with the support of a Team Leader.
- Provide first line management of the drivers and Lead Driver and manage performance and conduct of the depot staff.
- Efficient co-ordination and planning of manpower within the depot.
- Managing the depot process for CD’s, Fridge items and returns.
- Ensure that all depot staff are trained correctly in accordance with GDP guidelines and Company Procedures.
- Work closely with the HR department to ensure that Company Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
- Use vehicle tracking and vehicle temperature monitoring tools to ensure vehicle fridge and load compartments are running within compliant temperature ranges.
- Liaise with customer services and deal with delivery issues and concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure the depot/vehicles are maintained and cleaned to the standard expected by the company and arrange/request repair as and when needed.
- Management of depot staffing levels/sickness/absence/recruitment.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation and function of the depot – including any 3PL activities.
- Creating daily / weekly / monthly management reports and KPI’s as there is a responsibility for the overall performance of the depot in ensuring that targets are achieved in line with strategic business needs.
- Liaise with other departments and managers in relation to delivery issues etc, to ensure efficient service is always provided
- Communicate issues affecting the performance of the depot to the National or Regional Distribution Manager.
- Always ensure Health & Safety compliance, including wearing of any PPE supplied & Promote Health & Safety awareness throughout the depot environment
- Be aware of relevant Risk Assessments and Fire Assessments
- Be aware of and follow Company Standard Operating Procedures
- Report to operational management any matters adversely affecting the protection of the company’s fleet, deliveries, and customer base.
- Assist, when required, with other functions within the operation, including covering other Depot managers when absent and covering van routes if needed.
- Ad hoc tasks as requested by management.
Skills and Experience
- Hard working and reliable
- Ability to build and maintain a happy, cohesive, and motivated team
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- PC literate
- A strong customer focus
- An ability to prioritise and work compliantly under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A high level of integrity with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility
- Proven managerial and leadership experience, preferably within the wholesale sector.
- Experience of distribution and logistics, preferably experience of controlling a fleet of vans
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Competitive rate of pay
- 31 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Extra holidays for long service
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discounts
- Life assurance benefit
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free on-site parking and employee uniform
- A 24/7 confidential employee assistance programme – offering a range of support services to help you to resolve difficulties in your home-life
- Savings related Share option plan
- Christmas hamper for every employee
Successful applicants will be required to disclose any unspent criminal convictions to the Company. A DBS check will be carried out in compliance with Home Office guidelines. Applicants should be aware that with in line with our Drugs and Alcohol policy random tests are carried out